- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- Email List Information. If you sign up to receive information about our Services, we ask you for your email address. We use MailChimp to email with you, and when we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us with career inquiries or to receive customer support, we will receive your email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES
To help us understand how our Services are being used and to help improve them, we may collect the following information, which is associated with unique IDs, which are randomly generated per installation, and not associated with any User’s device.
- Crash Report Information. If our mobile app crashes while you are using it, if you allow us, we use Sentry to generate and send us a crash report to help us fix the issue. These crash reports contain information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including device manufacturer and brand, screen orientation and resolution, web browser type and operating system version, as well as usage information about the date and time that the crash occurred.
- Device Information. We receive information related to randomly-generated IDs, which are not associated with any User’s device, including how many unique Users have installed the Services, as well as general information about the country, device manufacturer and brand, language, operating system version, session identifier, and version of the Services that Users are using.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how our Services are being used and to help improve them, we receive information related to randomly-generated IDs, which are not associated with any User’s device, including if a new User installs our Services, takes a tour of the Services, signs up with Coil, enables micropayments, and interacts with our Services.
- INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
- Micropayment Partners. If you sign up for an account with the Coil network to receive micropayments, such as for streaming ads or viewing content, we receive tokens from Coil to process those transactions. Even if you choose to view ads for micropayments, we do not receive your browsing history, such as the sites that you visit or how long you are on any site. This information is stored locally on your device and is not sent to us.
- Other Third Parties. You may post comments, photos, videos, or reviews on our pages and events available through third-party platforms, such as Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. If you do so, we and other users of these platforms may be able to view the information you make available through these third-party platforms. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Communicating with You. We may use your email address or other Personal Information we collect on the Services as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes such as to provide services and information that you request, and to respond to comments and questions.
- Marketing. We may use your email address and other Personal Information to send marketing communications related to our Services. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under Your Rights and Choices. Where required under applicable law, we will send you promotional emails only with your opt-in consent.
- Providing the Services. We use your Personal Information to provide and maintain the Services, including to facilitate transactions and micropayments.
- Understanding Usage and Improving the Services. We use the Personal Information that we collect through our Services to analyze trends and statistics and to improve and enhance our Services.
- Aggregation. We may de-identify and aggregate the Personal Information collected through the Services and use it for any lawful purpose.
- Legal Obligation and Compliance. We use Personal Information to find and prevent fraud; respond to trust and safety issues that may arise; for compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights; or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- Other Purposes. For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we process your Personal Information only when we have a valid “legal basis” to do so, including when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example when required by applicable law to send you marketing communications.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, for example, to respond to your inquiries or allow for micropayment transactions.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information only when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share or otherwise disclose your Personal Information as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any Personal Information we receive with contractors, vendors, service providers, and other third parties retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
At Your Direction. We may disclose your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
If you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have additional rights described below.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
The Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. When we transfer your Personal Information to the United States, we take steps to comply with applicable data protection law, in particular legal requirements regarding adequate protection for data transfers. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we will comply with applicable EEA data protection law when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission, use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, or transfer to recipients who have certified to the Privacy Shield or adopted Binding Corporate Rules. For more information about how we transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, you may contact us as specified below.
- THIRD PARTIES
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using technical and organizational safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal Information.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- UPDATE INFORMATION
You can update Personal Information that you provide to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com.